I am sitting here in a Convenience Store with teenage girls sitting by me visiting and having fun after school before going home. Even though I am 69 and old enough to be their Grandma I am remember being their age and sitting and visiting with my friends before going to my job baby sitting with 3 small children. The resterurant had a fountaint where I always ordered 7 cent cherry cokes.
I have been out of school 51 years and three of my High School friends have died in the past few years. I would like to say to the girls look, someday in the future you will be my age and look back and remember the good things said, done, and lived. Though I will not say a word I will pray for them and all teenagers living in this world. My Hubby just came in so I will continue tomorrow.
Well, here I am back to write more. Being a farmers wife is interesting in going to a Farm Show on the varieties of corn and beans. We had a wonderful meal and leaned about going Organic with the crops we raise. While visiting with a young couple with a 5 year old boy, I was remembering bringing our 2 daughters to this show and realizing it has been over 30 years and so time has flown by. My best memory is the time we were coming home, being on a 4 lane road. A collage bus passed us with football players on it. The girls waved and the bus driver honked the horn and the team waved to them The team was from Purdue where our oldest wanted to go when she grew up.
No comments:
Post a Comment